Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) commenced the International Apron and Taxiway Expansion Project in 2010 which included the expansion of the apron at the International Terminal with new aircraft parking Bays 72 and 73.
To cater for aircraft parking positions on Bay 72 and Bay 73, Decmil was contracted to construct an extension of the Jet A-1 aviation fuel hydrant system, consisting of:
- Fabrication and installation of approximately 160m of Jet A-1 hydrant standard fuel pipeline
- Fabrication and installation of 13 new hydrant points
- Fabrication and installation of two low point drains
- Construction of a new valve pit to the western edge of the new apron
- Modifications of the existing valve pit to match finished levels of the new apron, and installation of heavy duty pit covers
- Installation of two electrical conduits within the lean mix concrete backfill, above the main pipe run