Decmil was awarded the contract for construction, installation and commissioning of the 1,380 bed village, including all site development works and service infrastructure to house the Caval Ridge Coal Project construction workforce.
The scope of works comprised:
- Ensuite accommodation rooms
- Dining facilities
- Training room
- Wet mess
- Recreation facilities
- 10 bus parking bays and a bus stop
- 450 car parks
- Sediment and erosion works
- Water & waste water treatment plants (capacity for up to 2,500 people)
- 11,000m3 of poured concrete
- Trenching of 21 km, equivalent to 88,000 m3
- 4km of footpaths
- Excavation and off-site disposal
Our close working relationship with BMA and Bechtel enabled Decmil to meet our client’s changing project needs and achieve on time delivery with no LTIs. Decmil was recognised for its excellent safety record with multiple safety awards.