Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) will be the world’s first project to turn coal seam gas (CSG) into liquefied natural gas (LNG). Decmil was contracted by QGC to provide rectification and wellsite installation services for the Project.
Decmil was initially contracted to provide the supply, fabrication and installation of above-ground facilities at 523 QCLNG wellsites throughout the Surat Basin. In January 2014, Decmil was nominated as the single source contractor for the continuation of wellsite installation services for Phase 1 and Phase 2, with works continuing to date. The program of works has comprised multiple contracts and numerous variations, delivering in excess of 2,000 wellsites.
In addition to the wellsite installations, scope included:
- F02 Compressor station PSV upgrade;
- F02 Water treatment plant, fuel gas skid;
- Temporary infield storage facilities;
- Multi-well project, Matilda-John;
- P02 Kenya lateral bi-directional control and metering station;
- Integrated commissioning start-up;
- Unit support services; and
- S01 Sales metering skid.
Decmil has successfully delivered 1663 wellsites on the project to-date and has engaged with QGC to develop an innovative contract model (Target Resource Estimate) for the 2014 & future project works that have been successful in incentivising both QGC and Decmil to continue improving efficiencies across the project.