Decmil was awarded a contract to complete a complete floor and foundation replacement for Tank 5 at Sydney Airport.
Decmil’s scope of works included:
- Floor and foundation design
- Offsite fabrication of floor sections, door sheet, stairs and tank bridge
- Complete foundation replacement (ring beam design)
- Floor and anular replacement
- Stair replacement and new tank bridge.
- Hydrotest and calibration
Due to the late award of the project, Decmil were required to accelerate works and implement time-saving initiatives to allow the tank to complete soak tests and return to service for the Christmas peak period. Through these initiatives the project team was able to deliver a schedule improvement of around 2 weeks on an already tight timeframe.