Origin Energy CSG developed a coal bed methane field situated approximately 90km north of Roma.
The ongoing development included the construction of a gas processing plant at Strathblane.
Decmil was contracted to carry out the structural, mechanical and piping fabrication works associated with site installation. This included:
- Shop fabrication and site installation of structural steel, including compressor canopy structures, access platforms, pipe racks and pipe supports
- Shop fabrication and site installation of pipe spools
- Construction and installation of process and utility piping systems
- Maintenance and cleaning of the site both during construction, installation and testing of the works to ensure a safe working environment
- Installation of principal supplied equipment including 2 inlet separators, flare tip, 2 gas compressors, glycol/dehydration unit, sales gas metering skid, 2 fuel gas skids, 2 air compressors, compressed air receiver and equipment for the oily water system, lube oil storage and dry waste oil storage
The project was completed on time and on schedule despite project start delays and adverse weather conditions.