As part of the Gorgon Development Project, Chevron Texaco developed LNG process facilities on Barrow Island.
The Gorgon Project is located on a greenfield site and incorporates an onshore LNG plant, an LNG loadout jetty and wharf and a materials offloading facility.
To support early works on the project, Chevron required additional accommodation for 52 people at the existing campsite. Decmil was contracted to install transportable buildings consisting of an office/meeting room, accommodation units and storage facilities for laundry, cleaning and linen.
Other work included:
- Bulk earthworks and site preparation
- Cyclone rated rock anchor footings
- Waste water treatment plant and sewer pump station
- Fire, water tank and pump station
- External pavement, verandas and lighting
- Electrical, mechanical, communications and fire services
- Internal fitout of units