Decmil, as part of the VicConnect consortium with UGL and Arup, were awarded this major package of works by Rail Projects Victoria to deliver the Gippsland Line Upgrade’s as part of the Regional Rail Revival program.
The Gippsland Line Upgrade will enable much-needed extra off-peak services such as track duplication, a crossing loop extension and second platforms at stations that will provide more opportunities for trains to pass each other.
The project includes duplicating track, extending the Morwell crossing loop, upgrading level crossings and signalling, and adding second platforms.
Scope of Works
The Gippsland Line Upgrade includes:
- A new rail bridge over the Avon River in Stratford (now complete)
- Second platforms and station amenity works at Bunyip, Longwarry, Morwell and Traralgon stations
- Track duplication at Bunyip and Longwarry
- Extension of the Morwell crossing loop
- Level crossing upgrades
- Signalling upgrades
- Drainage structure upgrades along the line.