The construction of a new 265 hectare Tailings Storage Facility, TSF5 includes a Tailings Distribution System (TDS) where the tailings from the ore processing plant are distributed into the storage facility in a controlled sequence. This system comprises of several kilometres of HDPE and HDPE lined steel pipe complete with a valve station controlling flows through the system.
Decmil was contracted to supply all labour, material, tools, plant, equipment and secondary subcontract services required to complete the following works:
- Fabrication and erection of structure, overhead cranes and platforms;
- Installation of HDPE-lined CS piping and knife valves
- Fabrication of HDPE pipelines within the valve station and to the EP5 evaporation pond
- Electrical and Instrumentation including valve automation, lighting, CCTV and pumps
- Installation and alignment of pumps
The project team worked collaboratively with the client to overcome a number of logistical challenges to meet the target commissioning date.
The team delivered an injury free project.