Decmil was awarded the construction of the 1.5 km of road duplication and a new bridge over the Barwon River of the Princes Highway from Austin Street to west of Deans March Road, Winchelsea.
Key features include:
- New 3 span bridge over Barwon River
- Bridge strengthening works to the existing reinforced concrete bridge
- Protection & upgrade of heritage listed bluestone bridge and visitor information centre
- Construction of new roadway through the Winchlesea township
- Major service relocations (Telstra, Barwon Water)
- Architectural Landscape works including feature Retaining wall.
Early Identification of Existing Site Conditions:
- Pot-holing of subgrade for the early identification of existing site conditions (combined with conformance testing of existing subgrade for CBR and PI) enabled the development of technical and cost-effective subgrade treatments. This ensured construction of a quality pavement, without comprising project completion deadlines.