The Seventh Avenue Bridge Project consists of the deconstruction of an existing bridge and the construction of a new four span concrete bridge over the Perth-Midland Railway Line, Railway Parade and Whatley Crescent within the City of Bayswater, Perth.
Decmil’s scope of works included:
- Construction of precast concrete retaining walls adjacent to bridge on ramps
- Construction of 130m precast concrete noise barriers
- Construction of electrification screens
- Construction of on ramps
- Installation of road safety barriers, minor road signs and road pavement markings
- Installation of street lighting
- Ancillary works including reinstatement of existing driveways, footpaths and fencing
The bridge was constructed on the existing bridge’s footprint but is longer and wider to allow for the future expansion of the rail network to four lines.